Listening In

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Chotto Edo made (Just stepping out to Edo)


10th June 2009


I went to Edo, or Tokyo as I must remember to call it, on business for a few days. I rode on a lot of trains.






Though perhaps not this one.

What did I see? People, lots of people, many of them in black suits.

Here is a picture of crowds at Shinbashi.











Here is a picture of crowds at Nihonbashi.






How does anyone find anyone else in this mess, I wondered. Perhaps it starts with a cup of coffee...






...then an outing to the theatre...




...and a spot of Edo-mae sushi after the show.






Then the next thing you know, there's another (maybe bigger) pair of footwear in your foyer...






...and your laundry load has increased exponentially.






It could happen. After all, anything can happen in a country where the prime minister is a mini star. And I know he is because the map outside the station closest to him told me so.


2 comments:

prickofdeath said...

what is faster than light? Thanks for the ST column. I am a big fan.

Cheers
Sun Whye Mun

onehand said...

Hi Whye Mun, you're most welcome.