Listening In

Monday, April 11, 2011

Whatever you can find


11th April 2011


I knew the light wouldn't be good - it was too late and cloudy - but I went down to Kiyamachi-dori anyway.



When I got there, a man wearing a jacket with the word "impulse" cut in front of me.





A little canal called Takasegawa runs along Kiyamachi-dori. In the days before trains, goods would be ferried along the canal as far as Osaka.




With the sakura in bloom, interesting buildings turn glamorous.




Cherry blossoms and adult beverages: an ancient combination.






The light was a little better at the Kamogawa, which runs parallel to the Takasegawa.




Though it was a weekday, there were people having flower-viewing parties. (Shoes aren't usually left on the mat but it was a windy day.)




Flower-viewing party for one. Easier to organise.




Spot the sparrow!




Wild geese - the stone kind - flying over the river.




The light faded fast and when it was gone, I went to Nijo castle.




For the light-up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the photos of sakura in full bloom. Now I've closure : ) tc